NCUK Pre-Masters Programme
Why study the Pre-Masters Programme
Who is the Master’s Preparation programme for?
- Anyone wanting to upgrade their English language level ahead of a postgraduate degree programme
- Those wanting to ensure they have the academic skills necessary for successful postgraduate study in English
- Anyone wanting to improve their career pathway or prospects through skills development and postgraduate study
- Employers/sponsors looking to upskill their workforce through postgraduate study and want a one stop solution with academic and language preparation and the application processes
Advantages of the NCUK Master’s Preparation programme:
- Guaranteed progression to thousands of Masters Degrees at leading universities. Takes the worry away about whether you will get a place
- A unique one-stop application service. Reduces the stress of applying to each university separately and trying to find the right point of contact
- The research skills and the English language knowledge and ability you will need to succeed on a PG qualification. Ensures you not only get in but you’re ready to get on with your studies – some of our students say they were better prepared than UK students
BUSINESS STUDIES | ENGINEERING | HUMANITIES | SCIENCE | LIFE SCIENCES | PHARMACY | LAW & MANAGEMENT
- Small class sizes with an average of ten students per class
- Expert teaching from subject specialists, most of whom are also examiners
- High degree of individual academic and pastoral support
- Regular exam-based testing and feedback
- Flexible subject combinations
- Expert, up-to-date university admissions (UCAS) advice
For further information regarding the NCUK Foundation Year, to request a prospectus or to arrange an appointment, please contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Age: 21+
- Course Length: 10 week and 20 week options available
- English level: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Minimum Academic entry requirements:
Owing to the variation in standard for degrees and diplomas in different countries, all PMP applications should be submitted to NCUK for approval prior to enrolment (please email student details with certificates and transcripts to NSE@ncuk.ac.uk for a decision).
Students should normally have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree at a recognised university, in a subject relevant to their intended progression route. Students must complete a full Bachelors degree (note that the normal length of study for a Bachelors degree differs between countries). 3 year Diploma holders from some countries e.g. China may be accepted to PMP Route A (note that such students may have limited progression).
Progression from the PMP to higher-ranked owner universities is largely dependent on the subject and awarding university of the student’s Bachelor’s degree.
Students in the final year of a recognised Bachelors degree course may undertake PMP Route A, B or C in parallel with their university studies.
NCUK Guaranteed Access
Students who successfully complete an NCUK qualification gain guaranteed access to an NCUK Guaranteed University. Please find a list of these universities below.